Hexagon socket head bolt is a kind of fastener compos […]
Hexagon socket head bolt is a kind of fastener composed of head and screw (cylinder with external thread). It needs to be matched with nuts before it can be used as a fastener to connect two parts with through holes. This type of connection is called bolt connection. If the nut is unscrewed from the bolt, the two parts can be separated, so the bolt connection is detachable. So what should we pay attention to before using it?
Introduction to hexagon socket head bolt:
1. select products correctly: before use, please confirm whether the mechanical properties of products meet the use requirements, such as tensile strength of inner hexagon socket head bolt and a load of nuts. The length of the hexagon socket screw should be properly selected, and after tightening, it should be selected according to the 1-2 pitch of the nut.
2. Before use, please check whether the threads are rough and whether there are iron filings or dust between the threads. These things often lead to locking.
3. Fasteners can be lubricated before use: it is recommended to use butter, molybdenum disulfide, mica, graphite, or talcum powder for lubrication. At present, wax immersion lubrication is widely used to prevent locking.
4. Pay attention to the usage:
(1) the speed and force of screwing in are appropriate, not too fast or too large. Use torque wrench or socket wrench whenever possible. Avoid using an adjustable wrench or electric wrench, too fast will cause the temperature to rise rapidly and lead to locking.
(2) In the direction of applying force, the nut must be tightened perpendicular to the axis of the screw.
5. Using washers can effectively prevent over-tightening.
6. Fasteners made of stainless steel, aluminum alloy, and titanium alloy are often locked or bitten. These metal alloys have corrosion resistance. When the surface is damaged, a thin oxide layer will be formed on the metal surface to prevent further corrosion. When the stainless steel fastener is locked, the pressure and heat generated between the teeth will destroy the oxide layer, which will lead to blockage or shear between the metal threads, and then lead to adhesion. When this phenomenon continues to occur, the stainless steel fasteners will be completely locked and cannot be removed or locked.
The above is the knowledge about hexagon socket head bolt introduced by Zhejiang bolt manufacturers, and I hope to give you reference when choosing hexagon socket head bolt.